xml-general mailing list archives

From "Jeff Williams" <jwilli...@darkphoton.com>
Subject Proper use of Serializers
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2000 05:52:46 GMT
Hello,

    I looked in the archives and my code as well as any examples I can find all cause the
same problem on my machine.  I get the following trace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.DocumentType: method getPublicId()Ljava/lang/String
not found
        at org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.serializeNode(BaseMarkupSerializer.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.serialize(BaseMarkupSerializer.java:421)
        at CatalogParser.definitionXMLOut(CatalogParser.java:130)
        at CatalogParser.main(CatalogParser.java:37)

    This is useing the jar in Xerces-J-bin.1.0.3.zip. The trace looks wrong with the NoSuchMethodError
giving what looks like a malformed method.  Is this a problem within the 1.0.3 build and should
I use the CVS to get the newest to fix this?

    I have a Document variable (called doc) for my parsed file and now I want to change a
node value (done) and write the new document to a file (or System.out).  Can someone either
point me to an example or help me out?  In future releases of Xerces would would be nice if
there was an example showing the use of the serialize code since I couldn't find one.

Thanks In Advance, Jeff