xml-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas B. Passin" <tpas...@mitretek.org>
Subject Re: AW: Reverse XSL:FO
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:39:07 GMT

<snip>
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/
>for the XML format syntactically isomorfic with TeX files (which is
also a kind of
>programming language). If you have such format you can write one
program to
>convert data from "PDF isomorfic XML format" to PDF, (just one parsers
>serialization method) and use all XML/XSLT power to convert any XML
data to PDF.
>One of transformation steps can be XSL:FO.

TeXML converts xslt output into TeX. That's a lot easier than taking a
program and turning it into an XML document that describes the displayed
appearance.

As I recall, this thread started with an interest in going from svg to
xml.  That's the opposite of xslt into TeX.

Tom Passin