xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] XSLT library project
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 15:51:53 GMT

+1!

-scott

                    "Arnold, Curt"

                    <Curt.Arnold@hypr        To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    otech.com>               cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                             Subject:     [PROPOSAL] XSLT library project

                    03/03/00 09:40 AM

                    Please respond to

                    general

I talked with several people at XTech about the possibility of an
open-source, collaborative environment to develop useful XSLT transforms.
Currently, there does not seem to be such a place and the
general reaction was fairly enthusiastic.  Basically, it would look like a
whole bunch of little microprojects instead of the fairly large existing
projects and would not start with a large donated
code base from one vendor.

Some micro-projects that I would envision are:

XML Schema compilers/"preprocessors"
XML Metadata Interchange -> Scalable Vector Graphics
Schema documentation stylesheets

I think that Apache would be the ideal home for this.  If not, do you have
any suggestions?