xml-general mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: www.mail-archive.com
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:20:25 GMT
I don't know anything about mail-archive.com, but my only concern would be
that I didn't see if it was possible to grab the entire archive or not once
it's over there (like you provided a few weeks ago).  The FAQ says that
there is no guarantee that the mailing archive will stay up, and it doesn't
seem to address what will happen if that occurs.

On a side note, I got split by date working from the archives I downloaded a
while back, but I don't have it subscribed and keeping up-to-date to see if
it works yet.  I also haven't looked into search yet.  If I can get it all
figured out, I wouldn't have any problem hosting it once I get my new hard
drive installed...

- Sean T.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik
To: general@xml.apache.org
Sent: 3/28/00 1:32 AM
Subject: www.mail-archive.com

Would anyone object if I move our mail archives to the
public (third party and nothing to do with apache) site:

	http://www.mail-archive.com

as in the short term, next 6 weeks, I personally will not have time to
add
the now much needed search and split-by-date to the hypermail based
archive on
http://xml-archive.webweaving.org.

Would that make sense ? Or is that too open ? Or are there any
volunteers
to just hack a saturday of perl to wack things into shape ?

Dw