xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Translate to JavaScript by XSL
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:50:53 GMT
Brian Silberbauer wrote:

> I use the following:
>
> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;</xsl:text>
>
> It works, but there must be a more elegant way!

No, it doesn't: in the code you want the char '&' not the chars '&amp;'
which is what you're doing.

'&&'

can be escaped as

&amp;&amp;

or

<![CDATA[&&]]>

BTW, I even if CDATA sections look _really_ ugly, I suggest to use them
around your code such as

 <code><![CDATA[
  if ((a < 0) && (b > 10)) {
    do.something();
  }
 ]]></code>

which is, to me, the more understandable way to mix code and XML (which
is almost never a pretty thing for XML design choices)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.