xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: SUN: Please Open Source Javadoc.
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:04:48 GMT

About http://relativity.yi.org/WebSite/opensource-javadoc/

Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I agree that it would be a nice thing, but I have 2 concerns:
>
>   1. It's coming from someone with an apache.org address
>   2. It's got the Apache feather on the page
>
> Thus, it would be easy to see this as a "formal request" from
> the Apache group, and not from an independent person speaking
> on their own behalf (well, you know what I mean :) ).

Jim has beaten me to it here, and I echo the gist of his requst.

So I'd appreciate it if you could use either a different emeail (say one
at yi.org) address (or the current one with a disclaimer that you are
not speaking for the apache group as a whole) and/or replace the feather
by the usual 'powered by apache' icon :-).

Of course the list of email list's is fine, etc, etc.

All this of course until you can convince the entire apache members
community to stand behind this request. The ASF is certainly open to
such a debate. Which might be fun to try. But until that happens it's
a big no-no.

Personally I can subscribe to your request, but with my apache hat (or
is it a feather?) I most certainly would not, as this is not something
I personally see the foundation getting into.

Dw.