xml-general mailing list archives

From Dan Morrison <d...@es.co.nz>
Subject Re: Unsubscribe yourselves the same way you got on
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2000 06:21:02 GMT
Just a suggestion, but have you folks that seem to having trouble with
the system actually using the appropriate email client settings?

Check your incoming headers to see who you are subscribed as, and make
sure you're sending an unsubscribe request as that ID.

If you've subscribed as A but read your mail as B, the code will not
allow you to unsubscribe the other ID.

If you've got any forwarding coming into your inbox, maybe that's the
source of your difficulties.
As an admin, many times I've inherited an employees email subscriptions
when they leave and the boss wants to catch any stray communications to
the old address.

In order to unsubscribe from most lists I have to assume that users ID
or at least munge my mail programs profile...

It's a common issue (for me anyway). Almost as common as not being able
to unsubscribe from certain lists at all ... but I suspect the reasons
are quite different - we don't want you to come see hot teen sluts and
make money NOW :-)

.dan.

PS the actual syntax if you insist on trying to 'Unsubsribe' (spelling
it right always helps) is to mailto: