xml-general mailing list archives

From Calvin Gaisford <cal...@calderasystems.com>
Subject Re: Xerces 1.0.2 DOMParser, whitespace and #text elements
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2000 22:30:09 GMT
I have seen the same thing but I just found this in the docs:

This method is used to report all the whitespace characters,
which are determined to be 'ignorable'. This distinction
between characters is only made, if validation is enabled.

If I understand that correctly, ignoring whitespace only
works if you have validation turned on.  right?