xml-general mailing list archives

From Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malo...@knipp.de>
Subject Re: entity problem
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:19:15 GMT
jeannoel.viltard@eurodoc-sofilog.com wrote:

> We have some document with special characters ... in some case the xml to
> html transformation works, in some other it doesn't work
>
> For exemple
>
> &#233; is transformed in &aecute;
>
> but
>
> &#133 is transformed in the code 133 !!! We need to transform into an
> identy or in the same string  (&#133;)
>
> How it is possible to adjust the catalog or transformation table ?

Hi,

all entity references must end with a semicolon (you wrote: &#133 but you
should write: &#133; ). In addition, code 133 is not the correct code for the
'horizontal ellipsis'. XML & HTML use Unicode for their internal
representation, and not MS Windows code pages, so the correct code is U+2026.
To use it, either write &#x2026; or &#8230; .

regards

Klaus