xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] XSLT library project
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 18:34:05 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Arnold, Curt wrote:
>
> > I talked with several people at XTech about the possibility of an
> > open-source, collaborative environment to develop useful XSLT
> > transforms.  Currently, there does not seem to be such a place and the
> > general reaction was fairly enthusiastic.  Basically, it would look
> > like a whole bunch of little microprojects instead of the fairly large
> > existing projects and would not start with a large donated code base
> > from one vendor.
> >
> > Some micro-projects that I would envision are:
> >
> > XML Schema compilers/"preprocessors"
> > XML Metadata Interchange -> Scalable Vector Graphics
> > Schema documentation stylesheets
> >
> > I think that Apache would be the ideal home for this.  If not, do you
> > have any suggestions?
>
> I like this. A useful repository of XSLT stylesheets? Not bad. Maybe we
> could get some experience maintaining libraries of these suckers too. +1.

+1 as well.

There are tons of general stylesheets that can be created:

for example, the "xml prettyprinter": transforms general XML into
IE5-style dynamic tress using DHTML.

James (Tauber) maintains www.xslinfo.com and he wanted to host such a
repository... but maybe we should do it here to get better audience.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.