xml-general mailing list archives

From Michael Mason <...@decisionsoft.com>
Subject Re: O'Reilly Conference & XML
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 10:28:29 GMT
James Tauber wrote:

> It raises the question, why are reply-to headers being munged on
> xml.apache.org? I always considered that evil[1]. Especially when I brought
> down multiple systems by having such a mailing list with a subscriber with a
> broken mail system that caused an infinite loop. Perhaps people have a
> different view[2].

I personally think reply-to being set to the list is useful. Won't go
into detail here because I think I've read both those references you
quoted and they contain most of the things I'd want to say on the
subject.

I run around half a dozen mailing lists, and reply-to is set to the list
on each of them. We don't seem to have any problems with it.

Best regards,
Mike.

--
Mike Mason, Software Engineer
XML Script Development Team                    Office: 44-1865-203192