xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject bugs? [was: Re: success stories with xml.apache.org]
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 17:17:17 GMT
Honestly, to my knowledge, nobody has reported any of these bugs before, at least
on Xerces.  Some of these bugs are clearly on Xalan, too.

See below for additional questions!

Mike

"HERRICK, CHUCK (SBCSI)" wrote:

> regarding:
> --
> Resetting the parser causes the document it last generated to become
> corrupt.
> --
> I would imagine this would be fairly mission critical.
> Is there somewhere where we can find out if this bug
> is being addressed and by whom? That way trying to
> work toward a fix wouldn't collide with a parallel
> effort.

http://xml.apache.org/bugs is the new bug tracking system.  We're just getting
started to enter bugs in there.  But, this one isn't there (assuming it's a
Xerces bug).  And, to my knowledge, nobody has ever reported anything like this.

Xerces is compiled routinely with 1.2.2.  Can you provide more details
(to the Xerces board)?

>     Some simple XPaths caused exceptions to be thrown.
>     Resetting the parser causes the document it last generated to become
> corrupt.

Do you have a test case that demonstrates this?

>     Still having a hard time figuring out which method to call, in what
> order, and what arguments they expect.
>     Very little documentation on the API.

Are these Xerces or Xalan comments?