xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems with cvs? - SERVER PROBLEM ??
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:17:51 GMT
Linda Derezinski wrote:

> I was able to get files yesterday without any problems, however today I am
> seeing the same error message as always but, no files updating... strange.
> Perhapse a server problem??  I tried to get xml-xalan and xml-xerces on a
> fresh machine but couldn't.
>
> Sorry I couldn't help you, At least your not the only one....

I'll check it out tonight and see what heppened...

	Pier

-------------------- <http://www.apachecon.com>X-MX-Mozilla-Status:
0009From - Tue Feb 29 12:30:34 2000
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:30:34 -0800
From: Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pier@apache.org>
To: xerces-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: [BUG?] first "xmlns" attribute of root element causes
network
 connection on non-validating parsing.

Andy Clark wrote:

> Ryosuke Nanba wrote:
> > Maybe, only when the first attribute of the root element is "xmlns",
> > parser access URL of it's value (to read schema entity?).
> >
> > Is it right behavior ? or BUG?
>
> You are correct. The experimental implementation of Schema
> requires that the first attribute of the document root be
> "xmlns" if you want to load a Schema grammar. This is a
> problem that will be fixed in the future. But for now it
> is a limitation.

One easy hack is to set the "namespace" feature to true...
It solved that in my environment...

	Pier