xml-general mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Link and FOP
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 10:54:22 GMT
Not yet, unless you're me. :-)

Seriously, the code to do this has been kicking around for about 3 months or
so. Most of it (about 95%) is actually already present in the latest FOP, as
you can see if you look at the FOP sources. What is missing at the moment
(due to a mixup) is the bridge code to use the existing PDFAnnotList class
to write an /Annots key for /Page objects that have links. In fact, if you
use <fo:simple-link> tags right now, the PDF will contain all the link
objects, it just won't have the /Annots tag for the /Page, nor the /Annots
object itself.

I've spent 100% of my FOP development time over the past 4 weeks trying to
successfully become a CVS committer, and hopefully this weekend I'll work out
the last bugs in that and succeed. In which case I have the final fixes, and
some update code to better handle links in aligned text, ready to commit.

Arved