xml-general mailing list archives

From Mike Brown <m...@skew.org>
Subject text/xsl vs application/xsl-xml (was Re: multiple XSL stylesheet)
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:05:16 GMT
> Can I multiple <?xml-stylesheet href="test.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

Outside of its premature definition by Microsoft, the media type
"text/xsl" has not and hopefully will not be registered with the IETF.
The proper media type according to the latest draft proposal is
"application/xslt-xml". See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-02.txt
(Murata confirmed for me that the XSLT-xml capitalization in the draft was
an oversight).

This has implications for Cocoon and maybe also Xerces, I would assume.

Looking over http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/guide.html, I see a number of
references to the text/xsl media type, with an erroneous implication that
the W3C recommends it, as well as a malformed example:

  <xml-stylesheet href"hello.xsl" type="text/xsl">

(where are the question marks?)

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer, Webb Interactive Services
XML/XSL stuff: http://www.skew.org/    http://www.webb.net/