xml-general mailing list archives

From "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arn...@hyprotech.com>
Subject RE: Time for XSLT lib mailing list
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:35:45 GMT
James Tauber wrote:
>Are we aiming for a collaborative XSLT development project or a XSLT
>library? I thought we were aiming for the former.

My desire was to enable collaborative, open-source XSLT development.

I also expected that a body of useful XSLT transforms would be
developed in the project, similar to what would have been
called a "subroutine library" a long-time ago.

Trying to provide a registry of available XSLT transforms
wasn't part of my motivation.

So, XSL library is not a great name and eventually I assume
that the Apache staff will pick some obscure word starting
with X for what we are doing.

Any suggestions for a name or does someone have access to the
Apache name generator for XML projects.