xml-general mailing list archives

From "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arn...@hyprotech.com>
Subject RE: XSLT library: the next step
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2000 20:28:54 GMT
Sorry, I'm a little over my head here.  When I said SourceForge, I was thinking about the open-source
hosting service they provide, not the package they provide to enable hosting open-source projects.

The problem I anticipated if the library project was hosted on SourceForge's service was that
companies would be reluctant to donate stuff to "Somebody's XSLT library" when they may be
willing to
donate stuff to the Apache Software Foundation.  If Apache holds the copyrights and just happens
to use SourceForge's service or software, that would be fine with me, but then why didn't
you take that
approach with Xerces, Xalan et al?