xml-general mailing list archives

From "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arn...@hyprotech.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] XSLT library project
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 14:40:59 GMT
I talked with several people at XTech about the possibility of an open-source, collaborative
environment to develop useful XSLT transforms.  Currently, there does not seem to be such
a place and the
general reaction was fairly enthusiastic.  Basically, it would look like a whole bunch of
little microprojects instead of the fairly large existing projects and would not start with
a large donated
code base from one vendor.

Some micro-projects that I would envision are:

XML Schema compilers/"preprocessors"
XML Metadata Interchange -> Scalable Vector Graphics
Schema documentation stylesheets

I think that Apache would be the ideal home for this.  If not, do you have any suggestions?