xml-general mailing list archives

From Eric Hodges <harmo...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: How to deal with differences in DOM implementations?
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 00:33:31 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arnaud Le Hors" <lehors@us.ibm.com>
To: <general@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: How to deal with differences in DOM implementations?

> You should actually be able to do the following:
>
> Document doc = new org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl();
>
> and proceed with the appendChild as you do with the Sun DOM.

I tried that several days ago.  It didn't work (I was using Xerces 1.0.1).
I was told on this list I needed to get the documentElement from the
document and append my children to it.  Sun creates their Document without a
documentElement.  The first child added becomes the documentElement, I
believe.  Apache creates one along with the document.