xml-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas B. Passin" <tpas...@mitretek.org>
Subject Re: XSLT library: the next step
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2000 20:38:41 GMT
Ben Bertola wrote:

>    Zope is actually a pre-processor for the PHP scripting language.
It allows >you to write dynamic pages on the server and precompile them,
much in the >same way that Java Servlets do.  I prefer to
>use Java Servlets or Java Server Pages(JSP), though I have experience
in >both servlets and PHP.  Java Servlets is just a defined API, and
Apache has >an implementation of this called Apache JServ.

Zope is ***NOT** a preprocessor for PHP.  Zope is 1) a web server (but
it can work with Apache) 2) an application server written in Python that
normally is usually used to run Python code, 3) a (not-PHP) server-side
scripting language system that can create & return web pages.  Good
syste.  But it has a fierce learning curve if you want to do cool things
with it.

Tom Passin.

View raw message