xml-general mailing list archives

From Eric Hodges <harmo...@swbell.net>
Subject Yet Another Xerces/Xalan question
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:25:04 GMT
OK, thanks for all the help.  Another question:

I call XPath.execute() and get back a NodeList.  I need to create a new Document and add the
nodes from the NodeList to it.  I can't because I get a WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR.  The spec says
that error is returned "if a node is used in a different document than the one that created
it (that doesn't support it)".  So I've looked for some way to clone the node or copy it into
the Document, but I dont' see anything in the spec that allows that.

The simple question is:  how can I move elements from one document to another?

The philosophical question:  If XML is so simple, why is DOM so complicated?