xml-general mailing list archives

From Octav Chipara <ochip...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Stuff
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:11:00 GMT

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 klal@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I know this may seem off-topic but there is so much hype and media about
> XML you can't trust it.  I think understanding what legitimate uses the
> people on this mailing group are using Xerces, Xalan, and Cocoon for will
> help us make sure we are developing Xerces in a way people want to use.
> I'd say the vast majority of the mail on this group discusses compiling,
> errors, and config problems.   We never get a chance to really understand
> what's going on behind that in the real development world.
>
> I'd like to hear it from the source and I think that would be valuable to
> the Xerces community.
>
> Cheers,
> Kieran

Hi,

I think Kieran is right. We say that XML does this or does that ... but it
really does not do a thing. It offers you the necessary structure so that
your program will perform its duties more efficient. We should analyze
what are the mechanisms that lie behind the whole processes not just take
for granted everything. If something has good press it does not mean that
it actually is the solution that we are wanting...

I think that until we reach a certain level of integration of the new
technology XML could only serve as a middle-ware and that is not really
efficient ...

I'm looking forwar to your replyes

Octav