xml-general mailing list archives

From Guy Hulbert <...@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca>
Subject Re: What tutorial? What example?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:13:46 GMT
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Curt Gran wrote:

CG> I am very interested in helping with developement on XML but I'm just
CG> starting about on understanding it's functionality and I'm looking for a
CG> simple example to implement on my Apache server.  Before you send me a
CG> reference to one please read the rest of this.

	<snip>

CG> If you know of a step-by-step example of implementing a simple example on
CG> an Apache server please mail me the info or URL.  I will be eternally
CG> grateful.  As I begin to understand the basics I hope I can begin to
CG> contribute to this group.  Thanks.
CG>
CG> Curt Gran

Curt.

What you've requested is probably one of the best things you could contribute.

If you like I'll help you work on it.  I've been following XML since its
inception, I've been reading Perl-XMl for a year and Xml-Apache since
it was begun.  I am just gearing up to start a project which will use
XML for *everything* (eventually).

I have read a couple of books on XML and I've been saved all the interesting
messages on the Perl-Xml list for the past year.  I also have lots of useful
bookmarks.

----
Guy Hulbert, Project Manager		Bioinformatics Supercomputing Centre
(416) 813-8876				555 University Avenue
email: guy@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca	The Hospital for Sick Children
http:  www.bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca	Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, CANADA.