xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject RE: Any firewalls between you and the CVS?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 23:39:09 GMT

Can you folks do a

	telnet xml.apache.org 2401
and then type
	hi

You should get (if there are no firwalls in your way,
and if your machine is in DNS and all that)

>	telnet xml.apache.org 2401
	Trying 63.211.145.10...
	Connected to xml.apache.org.
	Escape character is '^]'.
>	h!
	cvs [pserver aborted]: bad auth protocol start: hi!

	Connection closed by foreign host.

I.e. type the lines marked '>'. And check what you get back.

Dw