xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: setStylesheetParameter() question
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:01:12 GMT

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version

  <xsl:param name="testing">#Default Error String</xsl:param>

  <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:with-param name="foo" select="$testing"/>

  <xsl:template match="someelement">
    <xsl:param name="foo"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$foo"/>

You can access $testing from foo directly also.  This was tested on the
command line with -param testing "'testing val'".  The output on my build

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<out>testing val</out>

                    Brian Dupras
                    <briand@cente        To:     "XSL - Mulberry (E-mail)" <XSL-List@mulberrytech.com>,
                    ra.com>              "Xml-Apache (E-mail)" <general@xml.apache.org>
                                         cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    02/23/00             Subject:     setStylesheetParameter() question
                    12:11 PM
                    respond to

Using Xalan and Xerces, I'm tring to send into the XSLT a set of strnig
parameters.  Here's what I've got:

  xsltProcessor.setStylesheetParam("testing", "'testing val'");  //note the
single quotes

<xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:with-param name="testing"/>

<xsl:template match="someelement">
  <xsl:param name="testing"/>
  <xsl:value-of select="$testing"/>

I know the secont template is getting called because the other stuff that's
in there (in my real one) is being output.  How do I output the parameter
that I sent in?

Brian Dupras
Centera Information Systems, Inc.
phone 303.381.4420 (direct)