xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: converting from Microsoft's XSL to xalan <xsl:node-name/>
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:24:14 GMT

You should have got an error for xsl:node-name!  Don't know why you
didn't...

Instead of <xsl:node-name/> you should be using <xsl:value-of select="name
(.)"/>.

Be sure you look at the XSLT specification at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt.
Standard XSLT is different from Microsoft's XSL, though I hear they are
catching up to the W3C spec.

-scott

                    "Linda

                    Derezinski"          To:     "General" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    <linda@derezi        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    nski.com>            Subject:     converting from Microsoft's XSL to
xalan <xsl:node-name/>

                    02/09/00

                    08:38 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

I am converting xsl from Microsoft's implementation to xalan and am having
problems with finding a replacement for <xsl:node-name/>

The XML looks like this:
<DATABASE NAME="MyDB">
  <SECTION NAME="Sec1">
     <mynode ID="23" NAME="MyName">
       <child1>1</child1>
       <child2>2</child2>
     </mynode>
   </SECTION>
</DATABASE>

The output I am trying to create looks like this:
Data mynode, 23, "MyName"
  child1=1
  child2=2
End mynode

The XSL code to produce the data line in Microsoft looks like this:
Data <xsl:node-name/>,<xsl:value-of select="@ID"/>,"<xsl:value-of
select="@NAME"/>"