xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: newbee - request for help accessing anonymous CVS - is website problem
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 20:32:15 GMT
Ooops! Looks like the doc at http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html under the
'AnonCVS' section is leading you astray.  Who should update this?

Try this, *all on one line*:
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic  login

Apparently the doc has an extra explicit linebreak in it!

Aside: if you're a Windows-type, have you tried WinCVS on Windows
(wincvs.org)?  Although I find some of the UI annoying, it's very helpful
to leard some of the common CVS commands (it has an integrated CVS command
prompt in a GUI shell).  You can run XSL transformations on Windows too...

---- <linda@sclrules.com> wrote: ----
> When I try the cvs -d command, I get the usage information.
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
> Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options] [files...]

- Shane         Automation, Test, & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com    AIM:xsltest

View raw message