xml-general mailing list archives

From "Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus" <Shane_Curc...@lotus.com>
Subject [ANN] Xalan 0.19.3D03 developer's distribution now available at xml.apache.org/dist
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:09:26 GMT
We've posted an updated Xalan 0.19.3D03 which works with Xerces-J 1.0.1 in
the normal distribution area.  See:
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_19_3D03.jar
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan_0_19_3D03.jar.sig

This release is a 'weekly developer's release' (a term I just made up at
the end of the day, so don't read too much into it).  We have done minimal
testing; it seems to have some good bugfixes from the previous release, but
caveat emptor.

Build notes:
-- See README in the root along with STATUS, DONE, and BUGS, which are
fairly well updated.  Note that the HTML doc is *not* updated with this
specific info.

-- Docs do not build from this distribution; how they get built is being
updated.  A 'hand built' set of docs is provided for your reading however.
You can also look at updated docs on http://xml.apache.org/xalan

-- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.1.8; all using
Makefile.

-- Sources are tagged 'xalan_0_19_3D03'.

-- For the curious about the meaning of the numbers in 0.19.3D03, see:
    org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorVersion

-- Xerces compatibility: this distribution works with the Xerces-J 1.0.1
distribution.  It probably does not compile against the daily Xerces CVS
repository due to their upcoming SAX2 work.  We plan to work on that next
week.

- Shane         Automation, Test, & Build guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com    AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan

P.S. Thanks Dmitry - hope you got this in time!