xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject RE: WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 00:57:17 GMT

This is definately a bug in Xalan... it should be smarter about the
Document object used to create the nodes.  I could use the importNode()
feature, and maybe in the future Xalan will when creating a Xerces DOM or
using DOM2, but it shouldn't have to worry about it in this case.

> I'm not quite
> clear what it's doing, but it gets the job done.

The FormatterToDOM handed into the XSLTResultTarget is a SAX
DocumentHandler that processes the SAX events produced by the Xalan
transform into a DOM.

-scott

                    Brian Dupras

                    <briand@cente        To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    ra.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     RE: WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR

                    02/03/00

                    06:16 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Right - this is precisely the thing I thought might be tying me up.

However, the nodes created by the XSLT processor were not originally part
of
another doc - they're created by the XSLT.  In that case, they should be
created in the context of the output Document if one exists.  Yes?

Anyway, Scott has mentioned that this is a bug in xalan at some level, and
offered me a workaround that seems to be working just great.  I'm not quite
clear what it's doing, but it gets the job done.

Brian