xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: Xalan/Xerces question.
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:49:48 GMT

I think the bug was fixed a couple of weeks ago.  If I apply:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version
="1.0">

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <out>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="//B"/>
    </out>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="B">
    <xsl:value-of select="name(.)"/>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<A>
<B>B1</B>
<B>B2</B>
</A>

I get:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<out>BB</out>

Which seems to be correct.  I would wait for the release we're going to do
tonight or tomorrow.    This release should be a 1.0.0 candidate, and we
should be moving the code much less and only responding to dire bugs, so
the code should be much more robust.  We'll branch off for the 2.0.0
version where feature requests, further performance improvement,
architectural changes, code cleanup, etc., will be done.

-scott

                    Eric Hodges

                    <harmony2@swb        To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    ell.net>             cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     Re: Xalan/Xerces question.

                    02/29/00

                    01:43 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Any more info on this problem?  It's a showstopper for us if Xalan can't
handle simple XPath strings.