xml-general mailing list archives

From "Linda Derezinski" <li...@sclrules.com>
Subject RE: newbee - request for help accessing anonymous CVS - is website problem
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 01:56:04 GMT
Thanks for everyone's help, I am currently downloading the source code.
Seems that the firewall was the problem all along.  Even though the company
firewall was taken off line for a minute for my testing, I forgot to disable
my local firewall.  For the future reference to the next newbee.  The only
additional information missing from the below instructions is when you run
the command line setting dialog, specify which folder the command applies to
must be the root of a disk.  F:\ worked, F:\xml-xalan didn't.

Thanks again, I hope to become a productive member of this merry band soon.

-Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahesh P. Sooriarachchi [mailto:maheshso@comview.com]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 7:21 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: newbee - request for help accessing anonymous CVS - is website
problem

Linda,

I dont know CVS that much, but I havent had problems with it.  If you are
using WinCVS, go to the CvsAdmin menu, select "Preferences" item, then in
the "General" tab, enter anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic for the CVS
ROOT.  For Authentication, select "passwd"file on the cvs server. Then you
can log on using "Login" from the CvsAdmin menu.  Now you can select
"Command Line" menu item from CvsAdmin menu, and type cvs checkout branch
(whatever the branch you are trying to get).  This worked for me.

Hope this helps.
Mahesh.
--
Mahesh P. Sooriarachchi,