xml-general mailing list archives

From "Callum Elliott" <c.j.elliott...@student.lboro.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Script - is anyone replying?
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:12:33 GMT
Sorry, I meant using script within the XSL eg

<xsl:script>
</xsl:script>

Thanks,

Callum

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus [mailto:Scott_Boag@lotus.com]
Sent: Friday, 18 February 2000 10:01
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Script - is anyone replying?

Yes, you can use JavaScript or Java extensions.  See the documentation in
Xalan regarding the extension mechanism.

-scott

                    "Callum Elliott"
                    <c.j.elliott-96@student.lb        To:
<general@xml.apache.org>
                    oro.ac.uk>                        cc:     (bcc: Scott
Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                                      Subject:     Script -
is anyone replying?
                    02/17/00 05:50 PM
                    Please respond to general

Hi,

Is there any way of using script in the new version of xsl?  I have seen
some microsoft examples, but all of the tutorials that I have seen do not
mention it.

I can get the same results by using the xsl functions and variables, but it
seems slower than using javascript.

Also, is there an XSL Element to evaluate an expression and not print
anything out?

TIA

Callum