xml-general mailing list archives

From "Linda Derezinski" <li...@sclrules.com>
Subject newbee - request for help accessing anonymous CVS
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 20:18:42 GMT
Hello,

I am in the process of converting from the Microsoft XML libraries to xerces
and xalan and would like to be able to get the latest source code for the
c++ xalan out of cvs.

I am a Windows programmer at heart who can spell unix... I have (I think)
cvs properly installed on the following box:
SunOS jaws.sclrules.com 5.5.1 Generic_103640-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-30

When I try the cvs -d command, I get the usage information.
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options] [files...]
Etc....

The version of cvs I have is Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.8.1
(client/server)

Do I need to upgrade cvs or am I just making a newbee mistake.

Thanks in advance

Linda Derezinski
Interface & Control Systems