xml-general mailing list archives

From "Truong, Bon" <btru...@netfish.com>
Subject RE: WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 18:55:33 GMT

The cause of the error message "WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR" is that xmlSource and
xmlTarget
have different document nodes, instead of one common document node.

Regards

Bon

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Dupras [mailto:briand@centera.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 8:21 AM
To: Xml-Apache (E-mail)
Subject: WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR

I'm trying to track down a bug in my code, but i'm having some trouble.  Any
help is greatly appreciated.

I've written the following function to transform an XML Element through an
XSL Document, and store the results as children of another XML Element:

public static void transformElement(Element xmlSource, Document xsl, Element
xmlTarget)
	throws SAXException {
	XSLTProcessor xsltProcessor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(new
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison());
	xsltProcessor.process(	new XSLTInputSource(xmlSource),
					new
XSLTInputSource(xsl.getDocumentElement()),
					new XSLTResultTarget(xmlTarget)
					);
	} //transformElement

However, I'm gettnig a WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR.  I'm not sure which part I'm
doing wrong.  Any clues from the above?

For xmlSource, I'm passing an Element Node <pp:component> deep inside one
document tree.
For xmlTarget, I'm passing an Element Node <html:span> that is owned by a
different Document.
xsl is a new Document that holds the xsl transform.

the xsl:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet
	xmlns:html='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'
	exclude-result-prefixes="html"

    <xsl:output
		method="xml"
		indent="yes"
		omit-xml-declaration="yes"
		/>

	<xsl:template match="/">
	</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I'm getting this on the stderr:

WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR
org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMExceptionImpl: WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR
	at
org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.internalInsertBefore(NodeImpl.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.insertBefore(NodeImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.appendChild(NodeImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.FormatterToDOM.append(FormatterToDOM.java:129)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.FormatterToDOM.characters(FormatterToDOM.java:328
)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl$ResultTreeHandler.characters(XSLTEngine
Impl.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.cloneToResultTree(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1
810)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.transformChild(ElemTemplateElement
.java:976)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.transformSelectedChildren(ElemTemp
lateElement.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.java:147
)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(ElemTemplateElemen
t.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:141)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot.process(StylesheetRoot.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
	at com.medwired.pp.XmlHelper.transformElement(XmlHelper.java:65)
	at
com.medwired.pp.components.StaticStory.render(StaticStory.java:27)
	at jsp.medwired.pagetest.pagegen.renderComponent(pagegen.java:312)
	at jsp.medwired.pagetest.pagegen.renderComponents(pagegen.java,
Compiled Code)
	at jsp.medwired.pagetest.pagegen._jspService(pagegen.java:130)
	at
com.livesoftware.jsp.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:31)
	at com.livesoftware.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:118)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
	at com.livesoftware.jrun.JRun.runServlet(JRun.java, Compiled Code)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleConnection(JRunGeneric.java:116)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleProxyConnection(JRunGeneric.java:78)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.proxy.JRunProxyServiceHandler.handleRequest(JR
unProxyServiceHandler.java:102)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.ThreadConfigHandler.run(ThreadConfigHandler.ja
va, Compiled Code)

Brian Dupras
Centera Information Systems, Inc.
phone	303.939.0200 x294