xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SourceExchange RFP #18
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:01:19 GMT
"Timm, Sean" wrote:

> This is cool...Cocoon/James/XSP would be really cool.

We are closer to that than it appears :) JAMES is almost ready for a
beta release... not a sendmail replacer yet, but it's getting to the
point that you can do with mail what you do with web pages....

In fact, next hook is a Cocoon MailServlet :)

The overall goal of the Avalon project is to create a common
infrastructure so that componentized servers can use each other. Think
about something like JetSpeed using XSP over Cocoon executed by Tomcat
that asks James via IMAP thru a JDBC connection searches the mail and
gets the page back to you.

I _KNOW_ it sounds a little complex, but it really isn't. I've been
coding software to make this possible for the last two years now. It
might well take another two to get everything completed as I want it...
but trust me, when this is done, you'll regret we didn't start earlier
:)

  :)  Hmmm...plug WebMacro into XSP?

Well, WebMacro was created to be XML orthogonal. It might be done, but
it's not exactly the thing I would love to see. JavaScript, Perl or PHP
are _much_ more powerful languages. I'd shoot for those first.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.