xml-general mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enhance mailing list archives?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:14:24 GMT
"Timm, Sean" wrote:

> Any chance of enhancing the mailing list archives?

I was thinking about that... I just changed my policy from "keep all
mail" to "keep the last month of email" (when I actually discovered that
I was keeping 2 gigs of messages).

> A search feature that actually searched the body and subject of the
> text would be nice.  It would also be nice if the archives were broken
> down by month, so you don't have to download every single message
> header since the beginning of time just to get the couple that you
> missed while you mail system was down.

There is some kind of ongoing project like that on SourceExchange. It is
sponsored by Collab.NET. I think that when it'll be finished we will be
able to use it. Brian?

> The search should, of course, search and return all messages matched
> regardless of date.

Check out http://www.sourcexchange.com/

	Pier