xml-general mailing list archives

From mfo...@silverstream.com (Mike Foley)
Subject Xalan and Xerces in a multi-threaded application....
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:41:37 GMT
I am very excited to have found these mailing lists and have just
quickly joined them all!

To introduce myself, my name is Mike Foley, and I am involved in load
and stress testing an application that utilizes the Xalan and Xerces
code.  The application runs on the SilverStream web application server.
And the tool I am using to load and stress test is Mercury LoadRunner.
The application utilizes a servlet that services all the requests, and
it is in this servlet that the Xalan and Xerces code is executed.    The
application generally works fine from a functional perspective when only
1 or a few users use the application.

Under multi-user load, I intermittently get a few errors and stack
traces (which I've copied below) that tell me I need to become aware of
the multi-user aspects of this software.  And I am also keenly
interested in optimizing performance in this application, as potentially
many many browsers will be running the servlet that utilizes Xalan and
Xerces.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts in this matter....

Mike

XSL Error: Could not parse Input XSL document!, line 1, offset 66
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: ERROR0050
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1499)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.processStylesheet(XSLTEngineImpl.java:714)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:565)
        at
com.sssw.framework.portal.AgoPortalServletBase.service(AgoPortalServletBase.java:179)

        at
com.sssw.framework.servlet.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:10)
        at
com.sssw.srv.busobj.AgoServletInvoker.serviceRequest(AgoServletInvoker.java:100)

        at
com.sssw.srv.resources.AgServletResource.service(AgServletResource.java:149)

        at
com.sssw.srv.resources.AgServletResource.perform(AgServletResource.java:107)

        at com.sssw.srv.http.httpd.perform(httpd.java:3692)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.processRequest(Client.java:776)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.loop(Client.java:1106)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.runConnection(Client.java:1307)
        at com.sssw.srv.http.Client.run(Client.java:1267)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

here is another parsing error that is similar that occurred at a
different time...

XSL Error: Could not parse Input XSL document!, line 55, offset 36
[...]

XSL Error: pattern = '.'
ERROR! Unknown op code: 0, source tree node: #text
org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPathException: ERROR! Unknown op code: 0
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.error(XPath.java:1521)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:1404)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:1220)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:245)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemValueOf.execute(ElemValueOf.java:133)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(ElemTemplateElement.java:463)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.transformChild(ElemTemplateElement.java:874)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.transformSelectedChildren(ElemTemplateElement.java:665)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.java:144)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplateElement.executeChildren(ElemTemplateElement.java:463)

        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:225)

[...]

org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemTemplate.execute(ElemTemplate.java:141)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.StylesheetRoot.process(StylesheetRoot.java:385)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:640)