xml-general mailing list archives

From Dan Morrison <d...@es.co.nz>
Subject Re: What tutorial? What example?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:54:13 GMT
Guy Hulbert wrote:

> CG> If you know of a step-by-step example of implementing a simple example on
> CG> an Apache server please mail me the info or URL.
> Curt.
>
> What you've requested is probably one of the best things you could contribute.

I do sympathise, and I know what you're talking about.

I have eventually succeeded in running XML/XSLT In almost all useful
platforms now - Cocoon-Linux, Cocoon-Win95, PERL-Linux, PERL-Win95,
MS-XML-DOM-NT-IIS, MS-XML-DOM-IE5-Client... Even ZOPE
And the truth is that NONE of them had an easy (or even intuative) path
to get even to 'hello world' save IE5.
Cocoon Win32 was actually second, but only because I'd already been
through the tricky stuff once when I did it on Linux.