xml-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Servlets XML
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:38:18 GMT
GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have develop some servlets to access our internal middleware.
>
> I plan to make this servlet outputing XML instead of HTML.
> Then I want to mix them with XSL to present the final HTML
> to the client browser.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Did I have to use Cocoon, or just Servlet + Xalan Post-Process, since
>    XML Outputs will vary depending requests.
>
> 2) Any example around ?

If you want to do basic XML production then transformation, it's
probably easier for you to write your own servlet since Cocoon gives you
much more power than that, but it's also harder to understand and
install. (not that hard, in truth, but I'm heavily biased)

But in case you want to start working with XML moving your stuff over...
well, in that case, I'd suggest you to invest a couple of hours and get
your XML publishing system up and running.

Example? Almost all Cocoon users are using Cocoon for what you need,
using custom producers or XSP pages.

Ask the Cocoon users mail list for more detailed examples.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.