xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should the ParserFactory example work?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:13:46 GMT
Scott M Stark wrote:
> A simple example of creating a parser using method 1 "How do I
> construct a parser in Xerces-J v1.0?" using either the 1.0.0 or
> 1.0.1 parsers produces a ClassCastException because
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser does not implement the
> org.xml.sax.Parser interface. What am I not understanding here?

This is a documentation bug. In an earlier release we changed
the code so that the XMLParser base class didn't implement the
SAX Parser interface. While the parse methods as well as error
handling and entity resolver methods make sense to all parsers,
it didn't make sense for a DOM parser to have a way to
register stream based callback handlers. The docs have been
updated for the next release.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org