xml-general mailing list archives

From "Max R. Andersen" <...@mail1.stofanet.dk>
Subject Re: Deferred nodes and a little bit of swing :)
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 09:00:14 GMT

> You can send it directly to andyc@apache.org. That way
> people on the list don't need to download the changes
> which they'll get from CVS later, anyway.

Ok - i'll do that :)

> > if (asinglenode instanceof DeferredNode) {
> >         <code that should expand it>
> > }
>
> I wouldn't suggest doing this. In fact, there should be
> no need for instanceof DeferredNode. Your program should
> not even care that the construction is being deferred.

I also thought that in the begining but the problem is
that IF the nodes are deferred then the hasChildNodes() method returns
false even if it should have children :(

So I make the instanceof test to tell the TreeModel that it is
*possible*
that the node has children.

This test is ok in my situation because the node does not need to expand
before
the user expands the node in the JTree - I want lazy-expansion :)

Regards
 Max