xml-general mailing list archives

From "HERRICK, CHUCK (SBCSI)" <CH6...@momail.sbc.com>
Subject RE: USES
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:18:46 GMT
All,
Instead of answering the question, I'm going to
refer you to what I thought was an excellent
article on XML and its uses.

the article is in DB2 magazine, the winter quarter.
It's online, so if you can't find the paper
copy, surf to:
	http://www.db2mag.com/winter99/treat.shtml

The article is by Harold Treat.

I found two aspects of the article compelling:
1. Pretty good coverage of the disparate
   uses of XML. I think this will speak to
   Octav's request.
2. Enticing coverage of just what IBM has
   done to DB2 UDB to provide support for
   XML. I'm speaking here of the DB2 XML Extenders

My take on XML uses is that there are no limitations,
other than your own imagination and a bit of
common sense.

Now, if I could just get this parser to install ... :)