xml-general mailing list archives

From "HERRICK, CHUCK (SBCSI)" <CH6...@momail.sbc.com>
Subject RE: XML4j - the samples - do these things run?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:09:47 GMT
Thanks Mike,
point well taken.

I'm about to dump the IBM code and
try installing Xerces-J. I think
the latest .jar version is

Hopefully, I can get some samples to run
so I can figure out how to clear up
that nasty fog bank in my head !-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Pogue [mailto:mpogue@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 3:54 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: XML4j - the samples - do these things run?

	These lists at Apache are for the Xerces parsers.
For XML4J-specific questions, you should post to the Alphaworks forum at
IBM...Although the code bases are essentially the same, nobody here
at Apache knows what XML4J 3.0EA3 refers to in the Apache CVS tree.

	If you want bleeding edge functionality, I suggest that you
grab the latest tarball from Apache, and start there.  (Plus, then you can
help to fix any problems that you find!  :-)

> Can you help me get the XML4j samples
> running?
> I've installed XML4j and managed to get
> the make to complete at least up to
> the make of the usrdocs, which is not
> making but is another story.
> Assuming that I have a workable installation,
> in a Cybwin BASH shell at the command line,
> I've entered:
> java dom.traversal.TreeWalkerView docs/docs/xml4j.xml
> nothing happens.
> The following is echo'ed:
>   http://apache.org/xml/properties/dom-node
> but then nothing happens.
> Something should happen, right? At least this
> is according to my reading of
>         C:\IBM\XML\Xml4J\docs\docs\html\tree.html
> I'm running WinNT 4.0 with svc pack 4 and
> 400MB RAM.
> the version of XML4j is XML4J_3_0_0EA3
> Has anyone successfully installed XML4j and got
> the samples to run?

View raw message