xml-general mailing list archives

From "Yahoo" <joshmccorm...@yahoo.com>
Subject XSP usage question
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2000 02:48:49 GMT

I'm trying to better figure out how to dynamically generate XML
documents, particularly with data from a database. I've read
the XSP documentation that I could get a hold of and I have a
question about it's usage.

Would <xsp:element> and <xsp:attribute> be used to replace a
variable in a dynamically generated page? For example, if I had
a database of America's Cup contenders (to choose something some
of you might be interested in) could I have a page, which through
XSP, maybe <example:contenders/>, a tag which through a library
would connect via JDBC to a DB of America's Cup contender data
and make a list of contenders linking to a data page. So the
result would be <a href="data.xml" contender=foo>foo</a> after
XSLT transformation. data.xml would have XSP in it with <xsp:attribute
name="contender"></xsp:attribute>, in several places, ideally.
These attribute tags would be in logic to embed applications
specific to the particular contender, like survey questions about
them, chats about them, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Sent from a WebBox - http://www.webbox.com
FREE Web based Email, Files, Bookmarks, Calendar, People and
Great Ways to Share them with Others!