xml-general mailing list archives

From Eric Hodges <harmo...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: What tutorial? What example?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:09:50 GMT
Line 122 has a syntax error.  Do you wish to debug it?

That's the message I get when I click on that link.  IE5.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Poe
  To: general@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 8:21 AM
  Subject: Re: What tutorial? What example?

  Hi:  A variation on your situation might be found at:
  http://www.worldccr.org/xmloriginal.htm

  When you open the page, it's plain web technologies looking at you.  Sitting on the server
is a folder with xml docs that can be displayed using an xsl file.  So, tutorial coming up:
  1]  Highlight a term on the menu
  2] Click on the button to display the definition and related topic links
  3] The document that shows up in the iframe in the middle of the page holds the xml doc,
displayed with the xsl file, and awaits the browser support for xLink to show off extended
link power

  There, all that remains is for you to run your cursor over the globe image and read the
insert.

  That's it!  That's XML/XSL in a nutshell.  But, don't be disappointed.  This work scales
up to full-blown clinical data collection systems in a heart-beat.  It also provides a quick
solution to generate e-commerce app development.  The world of technology is terrific, ain't
it?  Thanks, Tom