xml-general mailing list archives

From Eric Hodges <harmo...@swbell.net>
Subject Building Xalan (was Re: Xalan/Xerces question.)
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:06:41 GMT
Thanks!  This is good news for us.

Question:  I just downloaded 0.19.5 to see if it fixes any bugs, and I ran
into the same problem building it that I ran into with 0.19.2.  I get these
errors throughout the code:

constant expression required.

The code looks like this (code from
org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPathProcessorImpl.java) :

public class XPathProcessorImpl implements XPathProcessor,
java.io.Serializable
{
  private XPath m_xpath;

<snip>

  /**
   * Record the correct token string in the passed vector.
   */
  private void recordTokenString(Vector targetStrings)
  {
<snip>
      switch(tok)
      {
      case m_xpath.NODETYPE_COMMENT:

Java 1.2.2 won't let you refer to static member NODETYPE_COMMENT of the
class XPath through an instance variable.  It will let you do this:

      case XPath.NODETYPE_COMMENT:

So I have to go through and modify every one of these statements (and there
are many of them).

Is this a JDK issue?  Which version of the JDK lets you compile the code as
published?