xml-general mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: [announce] XMLForm - a new project using Xerces, Xalan, & JTidy
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:36:59 GMT
I knew you java guys would start catching up eventually <grin/>...

Looks good, although I have a couple of points:

1. You don't seem to support attributes at all. This is pretty significant
I would have thought (am I wrong?)

2. I think it's _really_ important we agree on syntax, especially for
example on extensions. Perhaps we could remain in touch throughout our
developments?

I also have lots of stuff I'd like to add to CGI::XMLForm to make it more
useful, I've just not had the tuits (usual excuse). I also wrote a full
XPath parser since then, so I should be able to make CGI::XMLForm much more
compliant.

PS: I love the idea about inserting into a document at certain positions.

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.