xml-general mailing list archives

From "Martin Tronstad" <mar...@gan.no>
Subject RE: serializing the Docktype
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 11:20:20 GMT

According to xml the doctype name and the root element must bee the same.
Xml is defined CASE sensitiv, it might be your problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan M rén [mailto:johan.moren@spray.se]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 10:40 AM
To: 'general@xml.apache.org'
Subject: serializing the Docktype

Hi i'm having trouble with serializing my documents. It feels like i tried
everything but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

The document serializes fine to a file on my system, however the "<!DOCTYPE
content SYSTEM "content.dtd">" won't show up in the serialized file.

This is the document and the JavaCode im using when to serialize the doc
with the XMLSerializer:

**** JAVACODE ****

FileOutputStream fOut = new FileOutputStream(daFile);
OutputFormat oFormat = new OutputFormat(doc,"ISO-8859-1",false);
XMLSerializer xmlz = new XMLSerializer(fOut,oFormat);

**** /JAVACODE ****

***** XML *****

<!DOCTYPE content SYSTEM "content.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="regular.xsl"?>
		<AUTHOR>Arne Keutram</AUTHOR>
		<NAME>sport sitetips 24/1</NAME>
   		<HEADING>Dagens Sitetips</HEADING>
   		<PUSHER>Surfa till den här siten. Den rockar.</PUSHER>
   		<BODY>Some Text</BODY>
				<TEXT>Cool bil</TEXT>

Tnx in advance!!

Johan Mörén | johan.moren@spray.se