xml-general mailing list archives

From Guy Hulbert <...@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca>
Subject Re: XML/Database Applications . . .
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:04:48 GMT

I think the following:
indicates that the answers to most of your questions are "yes".

I don't think that the xml.apache mailing lists are the right place to
post this kind of question though.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Chen, PeterX wrote:

|I would like to know if the XML community at large is interested in using an
|application that works with XML and relational databases.  Specifically,
|such an application would load an XML file into an existing table and be
|able to map the data back out from the table into an appropriate XML file.
|If there is an interest in the XML community for such an application, are
|you expecting such an application to be developed by database vendors as a
|feature in their database, or are you expecting such an application to be
|developed by third party vendors as a standalone application that works with
|existing relational databases?  I would appreciate any and all responses.
|Thanks you.

Guy Hulbert, Project Manager		Bioinformatics Supercomputing Centre
(416) 813-8876				555 University Avenue
email: guy@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca	The Hospital for Sick Children
http:  www.bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca	Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, CANADA.

View raw message