xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: xsl:include and xsl:import still not working using Jan 08 2000 1 PM cvs
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:52:58 GMT

> which work just fine from the command line. It must be something with
> the liaison since from the command line this works with no problems...
> very strange.

The command line doesn't use the output DOM... it's perfectly OK to output
a character to the root node for the DOM.

> I get the same stack trace with these files

This does look like a bug to me, at least at first glance.  We're
investigating and will get back to you later today.

-scott

                    Stefano

                    Mazzocchi            To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    <stefano@apac        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    he.org>              Subject:     Re: xsl:include and xsl:import still
not working using Jan
                                         08 2000 1 PM cvs

                    01/10/00

                    11:47 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Paul_Dick@lotus.com wrote:

> Vincent,
>
> This error looks very familiar.  The last time someone was getting this,
> they were trying to output newline characters or whitespace characters to
> the DOM before they had created a root node?  Check to be sure this is
not
> happening in your code.

I get the same stack trace with these files

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="import-page-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<page>
 <title>Hello</title>
 <content>
  <paragraph>This is my first Cocoon file!</paragraph>
 </content>
</page>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

  <xsl:import href="../hello/hello-page-html.xsl"/>

  <xsl:template match="paragraph">
    <b>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </b>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

  <xsl:template match="page">
    <head>
     <title>
      <xsl:value-of select="title"/>
     </title>
    </head>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="title">
   <h1 align="center">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </h1>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="paragraph">
    <i>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </i>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

which work just fine from the command line. It must be something with
the liaison since from the command line this works with no problems...
very strange.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.